Accessing Your Leadership Potential Through The Power Of The Herd
Sept. 27-28-29, 2013 (OPEN) -
Lakefield Farm, 1440 Lakefield Road
Grafton, WI 262-375-4451
Anne Steuart, Eponaquest
Advanced Instructor &
Christine Harness, PhD
It's now commonly recognized that only 10 percent of human communication is verbal. The other 90 percent is non-verbal, contained in the neurological-based "brains" in our gut and heart, those intuitive "first responders" to all human experiences whose messages most of us have been taught to patently ignore or disregard. It's only when we are able to align our three centers of emotional intelligence - the head (neocortex), the heart, and the gut (intuition) - as one, that we realize our fullest potential as human beings. Based on Linda Kohanov's new book, The Power of the Herd: Building Social Intelligence, Visionary Leadership, and Authentic Community through the Way of the Horse, participants in this 2.5 day workshop will explore the non-predatory wisdom of the horse as a paradigm for accessing their own social and emotional intelligence.
Working with horses as guides in new experiential activities designed by Linda Kohanov specifically for Power Of The Herd workshops, participants will begin to develop their own intuitive and emotional intelligence skills, learning how to handle personal and professional challenges with greater ease and success. The foundational tools (energetic and boundary awareness, the Body Scan, the Emotional Message Chart, Authentic Community Building Agreements, etc.) that comprise the Eponaquest Approach™ to equine facilitated learning will also be introduced during the workshop. Participants must read The Tao Of Equus or Riding Between The Worlds and The Power Of The Herd (to be published in March 2013) before participating. Completing this workshop fulfills the course prerequisite requirement for those wishing to attend an advanced workshop with Linda Kohanov or one of her Senior Faculty.
Enrollment is limited to 8 participants. The $600.00/person tuition includes a nutritious lunch, bottled water, snacks, and all materials. Full payment is due at least 15 days in advance of the workshop start date. Hours are 3:30 - 7 PM on the first day, and 9:00 AM - to 5:00 PM on the following two days, with a one-hour break for lunches. This experience is appropriate for emotionally secure individuals who are seriously interested in exploring the transformational potential of human-horse interactions. All equine experiential activities in this workshop are ground-based, in an enclosed arena or round pen. There's no riding, and no prior experience with equines is necessary. No auditors are permitted.
(Note: This program was formerly called Conscious Leadership Through The Way Of The Horse.)